S.S. Kaizoku Con Guidelines & FAQ
- Horseplay and rowdy behavior is not permitted.
- If it is illegal outside the convention, it is illegal inside the convention. Follow all local, state, and national laws.
- No outside food or beverage is allowed within the convention. Sorry, guys -- house rules. There will be a concession stand up for your refreshment and food needs.
- Keep all activities within a PG-13 rating. This is a family-friendly event.
- Handheld signs must not solicit lewd, sexual, or disruptive conduct. You may not solicit money or trade.
- Alcohol is not allowed in convention space. This is a family-safe space. Public drunkenness will not be tolerated.
- Keep high traffic areas clear and do not sleep in any public or common convention space.
- A government issued photo ID (state, license, other...) is required for entry into age-restricted events.
- No harassment/bullying will be tolerated at any time. Offenders will be asked to leave and/or escorted from the premises without refund
- Only authorized vendors may sell commercial items at the convention.
- Only authorized artists may sell their artwork and crafts at the convention. No stealing of tables or squatting will be permitted.
- You and your children MUST wear shoes inside all convention spaces.
- If you are asked to do something by a member of staff, within reason, you must comply without argument.
- Children under 12 must be accompanied by a legal adult at all times, no exceptions. We are not a daycare.
- TAKE A SHOWER EVERY DAY, fanboy/girl/otaku stink will not be tolerated. You will be asked to leave until the problem is resolved.
- No standing on, climbing on, or otherwise damaging any existing venue fixture, including tables, chairs, benches, displays, desks, plant-life (other than grass outside), or pillars.
- Beardsley Theater chairs are to be used for sitting only.
- ABSOLUTELY NO HORSEPLAY ON THE SECOND FLOOR GALLERY. No exceptions. If we find you doing so you will be asked to leave without refund. This is a very serious issue that cannot be taken lightly.
- No touching/removing of any artwork/piece in the gallery. The art displayed does not belong to us and doing so can damage someone else's property. Doing so will not be tolerated. Offenders will be asked to leave without refund.
- Metal weapons or wood weapons that pose a safety hazard.
- Weapons with sharp or pointed edges, even if the blade isn't sharpened.
- Real firearms/weapons
- Props made to look like real firearms/weapons. All prop guns must be clearly identifiable as fake and marked with orange painted tips.
- Props loaded with projectiles (including foam, as in Nerf guns), including BB Guns, airsoft guns, paintball guns, cork, or any weapon operated on gas, spring-loaded, or air mechanisms
- Costumes that are lewd or do not cover appropriate areas of the body. All costumes must be "street legal"
- Costumes that prevent normal traffic flow, pose a safety hazard, or are offensive
- Explosives of any kind
- Glitter. This rule is directly mandated by our venue due to the difficulty involved in removing glitter from their chairs/carpet.
- Costumes other than Japanese/Korean anime, manga, game, or media (Sentai, J-Pop/Rock, Visual Kei, lolita) in origin
- Original characters
- Fan-based alternate art costumes for established characters
- Costumes that you personally did not make (must be 80% hand made by YOU
Our 2016 show has been postponed. Planning for our 2017 show begins in November!
What if I have a question that's not listed here?
Before asking a question, please search the appropriate section(s) on our Forum first. Often times you'll be able to find the answer there. If your question is still unanswered, please feel free to post your question on the forums, or if it's of a private nature, you may send your inquiry directly to the Con Chair, Shiroiyuki Studios, on the Contact Us page.
What forms of Payment are accepted?
Refunds are only permitted within 15 days of online pre-registration. At-con badges will not be refunded.
If you're uncertain after reading the general cosplay rules above, please contact the Con-Chair.
- Panel Hosts are responsible for setting up and breaking down any and all displays used during their panel. Please arrive early to set up if necessary.
- Panel Hosts are responsible for all activities related to their panel, including any and all equipment necessary for running their panels.
- Panels must be Japanese/Korean anime, manga, fan-fiction, cosplay, gaming, culture, or fashion related, or pertain to drawing, voice acting, animation, or crafting -- meaning no panels on Angry Birds or Star Trek, etc.
- No food or drink may be part of your panel -- not even as a giveaway/free sample/instructional guide.
- Panels must be open to anyone and everyone who wishes to attend.
- Panels must not be offensive.
- In order to fit multiple activities into our limited space, panels are to be kept to an hour long at most. If desired, you may opt to have more than one panel time block after others have completed theirs, time permitting. You will have the option for this during the application process.
All panel submission forms will be reviewed by a member of S.S. Kaizoku staff. If accepted, you will be notified privately and given the opportunity to draft a small paragraph's worth (150 words or less) of information regarding your panel for our programs, subject to the approval of S.S. Kaizoku Con's director.